- the Website; and
- Opportunities to engage in thoughtful, confidential, conversations with like-minded peers (“Listening Spaces”).
(collectively referred to as the “Services”).
This Policy also explains how personal data and other information that the Organizer receives or collects about you may be used. The term “you” or “User” refers to any individual that accesses or uses the Website or uses or purchases any of the Organizer’s Services.
In order to better provide you with the Website and Services, the Organizer may collect two types of information about Users: personal data that lets us know the specifics of who you are or as otherwise defined under applicable law (“Personal Data”), and aggregate information, which does not by itself identify you but is a collection of information related to a collective of Users (“Aggregate Information”). Note that while you determine whether to disclose Personal Data to us, if you elect not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with the full User experience or the Services.
The data we may collect includes:
- Personal Data: voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, date of birth, phone number, email address, login name and password, location data, device and network information such as IP address, browser type, website address, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, and other information that you provide us through your user account; or
- Aggregate Information: non-personal anonymous demographic information, transaction-related information relating to the types of products or services requested or provided, order details, delivery information, amounts charged, payment methods, customization services, information about returns or exchanges, communication information when you communicate with us or other information automatically collected when visiting our Website or using our Services, which may include cookies, third party tracking technologies and server logs.
Cookies are electronic data that contain information about you. They are stored on your computer or other devices when you access websites and are widely used to remember you and your preferences.
You can change your browser’s settings to delete cookies or block your browser from accepting new cookies. If you block our cookies, you may experience difficulty or be unable to use our Services.
COLLECTION METHOD AND PURPOSE
The Organizer uses Personal Data you provide to us, for example, by way of surveys and/or other online forms you complete, using or viewing our website via your browser’s cookies, emails you send us, provide feedback on any of our message boards, or signups for newsletters, giveaways or contests for various purposes. The Organizer may use the Personal Data to create or modify your user account, complete transactions you request, provide you with subscriptions or promotional information, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests relating to our Services, provide and/or improve our Services, send notifications to you, communicate with you, conduct research for various purposes such as advertising and analytic purposes, and testing related to the Services, participate in corporate transactions including but not limited to mergers, acquisitions, reorganization or amalgamations, perform our obligations under this Policy, share your Personal Data with unaffiliated companies or individuals that perform services on our behalf such as customer support or payment processors, with our professional advisors in connection with corporate transactions, with third parties that we have your consent to share such information with, comply with legal or regulatory obligations and other reasonable purposes as permitted by law.
The Organizer and/or associated third-party providers may collect Aggregate Information, such as the collection of your IP address to diagnose system errors or to administer our Services.
DATA TRANSFERS AND RETENTION
The Organizer retains Personal Data in accordance with applicable Canadian law. The Organizer will not retain Personal Data longer if such data is no longer needed for the purpose that it was collected.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between you and the Organizer is retained until such contract has been fully performed; and
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Organizer’s legitimate interests will be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes. You may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Organizer within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Organizer.
The Organizer may retain Personal Data for a longer period if:
- you provide such consent to the Organizer; or
- the Organizer is required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation.
The Organizer will delete your Personal Data when it is no longer required for its intended purpose or when the Organizer is not legally obligated to retain such data. Your right to access, request erasure, request rectification and data portability cannot be enforced once the Organizer deletes such data.
AGE OF MAJORITY
The Organizer does not provide Services to individuals under the age of 19. You represent that you are the age of majority in the jurisdiction of your residence.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
The Organizer will not use or disclose your Personal Data except in accordance with this Policy or under the following circumstances:
- as necessary to provide Services you;
- as otherwise described in this Policy or to which you have consented;
- as required by law;
- to auditors which agree to keep the data confidential;
- as necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of the Organizer.
MARKETING AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
If you subscribe to our newsletter and/or updates by email, our Organizer may use your Personal Data to send information to you about our products and/or Services that might interest you.
You may discontinue receiving any emails or newsletter communications from the Organizer by unsubscribing or opting out of any such communication.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please notify us in writing by emailing at email@example.com.
THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS OR WEBSITES
The Website may include links to, embedded content of, or rely upon the services of other applications or websites that are controlled by third parties. The Organizer does not monitor or control any such third-party provider, and we are not responsible for any of the content, user terms, or privacy policies for such applications and/or websites. You are strongly advised to read the terms and policies of all applications and websites prior to visiting same.
As of the date of this Policy, the third-party service providers include but are not limited to the following:
- WordPress, https://en-ca.wordpress.org/about/privacy/;
- Amazon Web Services, https://aws.amazon.com/privacy/;
- Stripe, https://stripe.com/en-ca/privacy; and
- Zoom, https://explore.zoom.us/en/privacy/.
Privacy of Children: The Organizer does not provide Services to children. The Website and Services are intended for people who are at least 19 years of age. The Organizer will not knowingly collect personal information from any child under the age of 13. The Organizer asks that minors (under the age of 19) not use the Website or Services. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us and request that such information be deleted from our records and termination of the corresponding account.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, and any other provision in this Policy, while the Organizer makes reasonable efforts to comply with various international regulations and legislation applicable to its Users, you acknowledge and agree that the Website and Services are provided by a Canadian Organizer. If you are not a Canadian resident, while your access and use of this Website is at your own risk, the Organizer will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your privacy concerns and requests. Please contact us with questions or concerns.
Details regarding WordPress’ security features may be found on the following website: https://wordpress.com/support/security/
Your Personal Data may be accessed by and/or transmitted to employees to perform a task related to the Website or Services. You should protect against unauthorized access to your user Account password and devices. You should sign out of your user Account after each use, if applicable.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have the right to the following data protection rights:
- to request copies of your personal data;
- to request correction of any information you believe is inaccurate;
- to complete the information you believe is incomplete;
- in certain situations, to request that we delete your personal data;
- in certain situations, to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data;
- in certain situations, to object to our processing of your personal data; and
- in certain situations, to request that we transfer the data that we have collected directly to you.
We may charge you a fee to provide you with copies of your personal data.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Effective as of October 16, 2023.